- Waterproof mountain boots
- Waterproof Jacket
- Warm clothes and change of clothes
- Gloves and warm headgear
- Suitable food and liquid
Safety in the Mountains
- All our walks are led by experienced walk leaders. They have a great wealth of knowledge about the Glens area and carry all necessary equipment for the safety of the group.
- Follow the leaders instructions at all times and do not detach yourself from the group.
- Check the weather forecast but be prepared for all types of weather as the mountains are often unpredictable.
Hillwalking and the Environment
- Leave no litter. All food including orange peels, banana skins etc should be taken away.
- Pick up litter that you see. Avoid erosion by walking in the centre of a path so as not to widen the damage.
- Do not disturb plants and animals.